This is a very personal endeavor for me – turning a passion to a profit. Just a few years ago, I saw myself making a living tapping away at my laptop while sipping on a cup of my favorite coffee and on occasion, glancing out my window for some inspiration. At that time, my idea of what type of website business I wanted to operate was very broad. All that mattered was that I gave consultations because coaches offered consultations to make money.
Of course my vision was limited because I didn’t know much about how the online business world worked. I just simply operated from the old concept of how a typical consultant operated. But as my business continued to grow I also continued to grow, and my focus of what I was really wanting for my business began to sharpen. I am still to this day evolving in my business concept.
Focus is key to projecting my vision out into the world. I alone know what I want my life to become. But when I stop paying attention to the subtle winks and nudges the Universe is willing to give me along the way, creating my world then becomes a lot more difficult and a lot less fun.
Usually when I find I’m not paying attention it is because I’ve gotten too distracted by the world around me. Aaah, the world! Everyone’s nemesis! How to be in it but not of it, is life’s riddle. It doesn’t take much to pull anyone out of their world of infinite possibilities into this current projected world of “negative Neds and Nellies”. Having a full-proof method of escape back to your focus is vital.
Maintaining Focus, Eliminating Fear
The energy of fear has caused so many of us to remain in unwanted relationships, situations, and even jobs for years before finally making the much needed move toward change. Unfortunately, some of us never do make a change but continue to complain as if complaining is going to actually make the change.
While fear is a huge reason many do not realize their passions, the inability to focus is also another factor why so many stay in unwanted circumstances.
Working for someone else is never a bad thing. What’s bad is working for someone else for the rest of your life and having an idea, but too afraid to implement it. Remember, it’s much easier to tolerate doing something you hate if what you hate is used solely as a stepping stone to accomplishing a certain goal in life. We all need each other to create the life we want. No one can do it alone.
If you have a passion but not quite sure how to make a profit with it, here are several examples of skills/hobbies along with a variety of platforms that can hopefully help anyone looking to make a profit get started in the right direction.
Passion To Profit Tips And Tools
To begin, I’ll attempt to define what a passion is. A “passion” for me is a hobby or skill that I enjoy doing so much that when I’m engaged it can cause me to lose track of a great deal of time. I also enjoy this hobby or skill so much that I’m either thinking and/or talking about it often, or I’m at least trying to do this hobby or skill as often as I can.
What Is Your Passion?
- Write down your passion. This is a skill or hobby that you lose all track of time doing, and you think about it and/or try to do it as often as you can.
- If you lose interest in your passion when you think of trying to make money from it. (Stop here.)
- If you get more excited about your passion when you think of making money from it.(Continue on with this article)
- Make some samples of your cooking/baking and share at work, church, or any other organization you are a part of. Slowly build a small clientele, take a few orders for the holidays or special events to get started then increase orders as you’re able to handle them.
- Creating food recipes and selling them online is another way to make money from your cooking/baking passion. Here are several online platforms that are willing to pay you for your food recipes and/or tips: Cuisine At Home Magazine, AllRecipes , andTaste of Home. For submitting your recipes to contests, Contest Cook is one of the largest cooking recipe submission directories online.
- If you don’t mind writing quality content, starting a food blog is another way to profit from your passion. To help inspire you to creating your very first fantastic food blog, check out a few of these how-to blogs here:
- Believe it or not, there are some companies willing to pay individuals to play 18 hole rounds of golf to help evaluate golf courses countrywide. Here are two of them: BARE International and Intelli-Shop.
- Become a golf trainer/instructor and earn money doing what you love. How to become a Certified Golf Teacher, Coach, or Instructor.
- Start your own blog or YouTube Channel. Create and sell online courses teaching golfing.
Sewing/Arts & Crafts
- There is nothing more thrilling than creating something with your own hands. If you love to sew, make jewelry, crochet, knit, weave, wood carve, or sculpt, here are 3 top online websites you can sell your creations and make a good profit: Etsy, Ebay, ArtPal.
- Who doesn’t love to doodle? Yes, a doodle can actually make you some cash. Companies are always looking for icons, special fonts, logos, you name it. If you can draw even a little bit then you can earn money with your skill.
- Painters, you too can make money by selling your charcoal, oil, watercolor, or acrylic masterpieces. Here are a few companies looking for your talent whether you draw or paint: ShowFlipper, ArtPal, Fine Art America.
- Earning money while shopping is nothing new, however, the concept has definitely evolved. Instead of downloading apps that will help you save money or give you cash back, here is a creative idea that will actually create a steady income for the passionate shopper:
If you have a hobby/skill not listed here and would like to know how to make a profit from it, please leave a comment below and I’ll be sure to add it here. And don’t forget to subscribe to receive regular money making tips and updates.